EVALUATION CRITERIA AND DECISION PROCESS
We wish that all who are interested in conducting tests and research in KTH Live-In Lab, researchers and organisations as well as innovators and entrepreneurs alike, send in their applications through the website. The scientific level of the initial application will not be weighted heavily, at that stage we will primarily look for potential in the project. Submitting an application to KTH Live-In Lab should be simple. The application process should not take more than 30 minutes. We do however have a few evaluation criteria (see list below) for more complete applications. For more information, take a look at the decision process below.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The projects scientific contribution
- Originality/novelty and the audacity of the purpose, theories and/or hypotheses
- Likelihood of scientifically valuable results
- Good knowledge of the scientific field
Innovation and sustainability
- The project could contribute to development, innovation and sustainable building practice in the short or long term
- The project relates to sustainability aspects (technical, economic and social)
- The project questions current structures and rules
Method and execution
- The scientific methods feasibility and validity
- Concrete and realistic process
- Does the project have partners or collaborators in some form?
- If not, is it possible to find collaborators within KTH Live-In Lab/with other applications?
- How does the project fit together with the other projects?
The goal is that all research and development that will initiate during the autumn of 2017 be identified during the spring/early summer 2016. This is so the construction planning can be made in autumn 2016 and construction in early 2017.
All applications will be reviewed by research & development coordinators Per Lundqvist and Agnieszka Zalejska Jonsson. Applications are reviewed continuously during the spring term, after which the contact-person/s of the applications will be contacted. We can contact you to set a time for a meeting, to discuss the application further, to discuss possible collaborators, to discuss financing possibilities or to ask for clarifying information.